Hi, I am Howard Clark, Level 3 advanced coach and proprietor of Howard Clark Coaching. I began the business in July 2011, coaching at my local club as a level 1 coach. Since this time I have gained my level 3 advanced coaching award.I have done various work for England Squash and Racketball running courses, working in primary schools PPA cover taking PE classes, running after school clubs and teaching mini squash.
I have a steadily increasing portfolio of private clients that I coach and various locations in Nottingham. I run a junior morning at Carlton Forum Leisure Centre every Saturday and at Calverton Liesure Centre every friday. I also run a club night session every Friday evening and have recently started beginners coaching there.
I have recently become the head coach at Trent Vale squash Club, Portland Leisure Centre and Harvey Hadden Sports Village providing one to one lessons and group sessions. I also do coaching at Nottingham Squash Rackets Club.
I provide Mini Squash in schools in Nottinghamshire and contract for Squash4Schools run by through Nottingham County Squash.
I actively play squash at club and county level, taking part in internal leagues, competitions and I am captain of a county league team.
My current qualifications are:
- Level 3 Advanced Squash Coach
- Racketball Coach
- Level 2 Multiskills Coach
- Squashercise Fitness Instructor
- UKRSA Professional Racket Stringer
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Nutritionist for Physical Activities
- Level 2 Circuit Training Instructor
- level 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- Suspended Movement Instructor (TRX)
- Studio Cycle Instructor (Spin) - Including the new Keiser Bikes
- Sports Strength and Conditioning
- Level 2 Working with communities to promote & support active, healthy life styles
- Certificate in Understanding Injury; A Practical Aproach to Injur Management for Exercise Proffesssionals
- Stroke and Physical Exercise Training (Strokeability)
- NSPCC Child Protection Awareness in Sport & Active Leisure
- Sports Coach UK Equity in coaching
- First Aid
- DBS checked (Disclosure & Barring service)
Throughout the year I attend workshops and courses to keep on top of current trends and to constantly develop my knowledge and skills in both squash and fitness training.
Registration and Insurance
I am a registered coach with England Squash and Racketball (ESR) Reg No. CLS60 with corresponding insurance.
I am a Registered Exercise Professional (REP's) Reg No. R0136603 with corresponding insurance.
Equity in Coaching
Howard Clark Coaching is a firm believer that every one has the right to access sport and does not discriminate no matter what ethnic or religious group you may belong to or if you have special needs or learning difficulties.
Currently running courses for students from Central College with learning difficulties and physical disabilities.